Are you unpleasantly plump? Try these 11 Natural weight loss tips! At one time, being pleasantly plump was okay, but in today’s world if you are a male and your waist size is greater than 40 inches and 35 inches for a female, you are at risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Here are 11 tips to help change your eating habits
- Eat a good breakfast. Studies show that eating a good breakfast helps to protect against being overweight.
- Push away from the table before you feel full. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that your stomach is full.
- Use smaller plates and serve smaller portions.
- Split meals. Restaurant portions tend to be rather large. Share desserts and never order fried foods.
- Eat only when you are hungry and eat only real foods, no processed foods.
- Try and eat fresh fruit. Fruit juice has a lot of natural sugar without the additional benefit of fibre. Fibre helps to satisfy hunger.
- Stay away from sodas and soft drinks. Both sugar sweetened and artificially sweetened (zero calories) are associated with being overweight. High fructose corn syrup can contribute unwanted calories causing weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high triglyceride levels and more.
- Manage stress—the stress hormone cortisol and other stress induced hormones increase appetite. Recurrent stress promotes compulsive eating.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation leads to changes in the function of the nervous system. Hormone release and inflammatory chemicals that increase hunger and decrease satiety and favour visceral fat deposition.
- Set realistic goals. Start slowly with a goal of reducing body weight by 10% over 6 months.
- Make time to exercise. Physical activity should be a part of a comprehensive weight loss therapy and weight control program. Exercise contributes to weight loss and reduction of abdominal fat. Exercise can also help you maintain any weight loss.